Say This Sooner

September 30th, 2014 jdande16

As the title suggests, this should have been posted sooner, but technology sometimes has other ideas.

So, the Summer Uni has come and gone, with only a tiny portion of the students taking part remaining for the actual school year, and now the students who will be staying either a semester or the whole school year have arrived, in order to take the German Preparatory Course. Here, unlike the Summer Uni, we are actually focusing on German grammar and language learning the entire three hour class.

On the other hand, working out a routine for where and how to procure food for each meal, without going out, ordering food, or having a meal plan (that’s just not a thing here), has forced me to really consider what and how much I eat from day. More than that, I literally need to plan my days around when I can run back to the kitchen and make something to eat before I go out, if only for the economic incentive therein. €11.00 for one meal on one day or €5.50 for the groceries that can serve as a meal for 2 or 3 days? For me this is a no-brainer.

I’ve also been trying to move away from pre-packaged food, in favor of actually cooking things myself, but at this point I still rely on food with directions on the packaging fairly heavily, so I’ll write more on that when there’s actually something interesting to say.