Stranger Than Fiction

January 18th, 2015 jdande16

So, since I’m finally back from Christmas vacation, all my presentations are behind me (and all my tests and papers are in front of me), I’m going to write about the weird/strange/unlucky things that happened while school was out.

1. My family and I took a bus to Prague… and the bathroom broke.

Not sure what the problem was, but we were 4.5 hours on a bus bound straight for Prague, without rest stops, and bathroom needed to be locked about an hour in. At least there was Wifi (a precious and coveted resource in Germany)

2. I took proposal photos for an American couple near Linderhof Palace.

So the story goes like this: he had asked her to marry him a few days before, but they forgot to take photos (understandable) and I had just happened to be walking to the palace for a tour when they had come back in order to acquire photographic evidence of their now-engagement. So I used his phone to take pictures of this Lake Tahoe couple at the edge of small pond on the palace grounds of the Bavarian king with the Bavarian Alps in the background. Funny how life works.

3. I went barhopping with my parents.

This might not be so weird for some people, but it was the first time I actually drank with my parents, and since it was hard to navigate in Prague, we would take a taxi to one (maybe two) landmarks and then barhop back to the hotel, and all the while my sister, who freely admitted to drinking at her college (it’s her first year) flat out refused to drink with us, where it is completely normal and expected for someone of her age to do so. Also, they can smoke inside in Prague, so be warned if you have breathing problems and plan on visiting.